Tuesday, July 19, 2011

THE ILLUSIONIST...

...Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no evil...
One of the verses of the Good Book right?
However, I do not know if I am to take it quite literally though...
Here I am, standing in front of a man, who is cloaked in a long, black gown....
He has a hood, He has his back turned to me...
I look around me and I smile to myself...
It is either of two things...
The first being that I have become as mad as a hatter...
Or the second being that my love for the stranger things in life has finally engulfed me...
Sadly, enough, this is not a dream...
I repeat...
THIS. IS. NOT. A. DREAM...
I am here, lying in my bed, my surroundings are the usual things that help make up the haven called my room.
To my right, I see the light from my bathroom shining through...
To my left, I see my closet, my clothes hanging neatly...
Everything looks normal except for the cloaked person sitting in front of my bed...
I have pinched myself, hidden myself under my sheets, said all the prayers I know and even wished the figure away...
That is the only indication I have that something is not right.
So I brace myself, sit up and ask quietly,
"Who are you?"
The figure turns to me and I can see, or rather, I think I can make out some certain features that form a face,
In actual fact, there is no face, or there is but you cannot call it one...
There is a structure, even some flesh but there is a certain "fluidity" to this person's "face"...
Like ripples in a puddle of water, unclear, surreal...
He speaks, a voice like that of smouldering fire,
A hissing sound, having something of an echo...
Indescribable, yet chilling...
" I Am"...
Conflicting emotions well up inside me,
Fear, terror and morbid curiousity...
" You are?"...
" I Am"...
" What?"
He turns his head and stares intently at me...
To make a semblance of reality, I have chosen to give this figure a human form...
In the structure of a face are two shimmering spaces, those are now fixed on me...
I am being drawn into them, hypnotised beyond my will power...
Still I ask again,
" Who or what are you?"
" I am whatever you want me to be..."
**********************************************************************************
Hey guys, so sorry its been a really long while since I last updated this blog, not going to go into details of what has been going on.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy this, obviously its going to be in parts, read and comment..
Love,
MARIE

1 comment:

  1. Nice..n def will be waiting to read the continuation..simply called talent display. Wish Ʊ a good one

    ReplyDelete