Thursday, April 19, 2012

In reply to: Putting out the first time- What Izzy thinks

Let's say I am alone in a club or something.
And this fine, young man is just opposite me.
I know I have never met him before but then he smiles at me.
It's been a boring day and I'm only here to have fun.
So I figured why not return the smile?....
The typical scene
As expected, we share drinks, talk and even dance.
He finds me interesting, I find him interesting too..
And the times we aren't dancing, we are laughing.

And then for some reason I realised I have stayed out longer than I should.
Or maybe there's just nothing to return to.
Or just maybe I am a heartbroken young woman in search of someone to hold.
Or let's even assume that I just like him....
And then he suggests we go home together, and I agree.
And I go home with him and 'put out'...
Its our first time, not just our first time out together, but our first time meeting each other.
That's even worse than the scene Marie tried to paint.

If we are to be real with ourselves, there is no way this makes me cheap or should make me feel guilty.
Yes I said it!
The only person allowed to look at this as a bad thing is a person who is practising complete abstinence from sex. You are soo not allowed to judge me if you have sex with your partner in any form.

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why the girl is the one who is looked upon as cheap? Did she sleep with herself? I think its because we have made it so. I think its high time we stopped putting women at the receiving end of anything sexual. Let's (especially Africans) stop treating sex like its a novelty for the man and a burden for the woman to bear. Let's understand that they both enjoy the experience and so one party should not be made to suffer any form of shame or guilt. Afterall, we both have to strip when we have sex or at least expose them organs!

Again let me say that whether a girl waits for ten years before she lets a guy sleep with her or she lets him before they even meet, what determines how he looks at you is YOU!! Haven't you ever seen a situation where a girl plays hard for so long and the minute she allows the guy, he changes immediately and becomes something else?

What do men really want? A girl who has desires but is forced to push them in just because she doesn't want you to look down on her? Or a girl who is just true to her feelings and knows what she wants?

I advocate for a society where anybody whether man or woman is allowed to 'express' without the risk of being made to feel guilty or uncomfortable with his/her body; Where people see sex as a mutually pleasurable and symbiotic act and not some form of conquest for a man; Where how long it takes you to 'put out' does not determine the success of your relationship....

#ThatIsAll

N.B This was borne out of a playful and mischievious mind. lol.. Ion have as much passion for the topic as I express in this piece.. lol.... ;)

U can read Izzy's blog on http://www.izzy-randomstuffs.blogspot.com/ or follow @Izzyleecious on twitter

Dueces!!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree that sex is a mutual act but I prefer being an unmarried celibate i.e abstinence by unmarried people. Changing the mindset of our people about calling a woman who 'put out early' as cheap will be hard cos its deeply rooted in our culture. Nuff said for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda agree with yemi, but having sex with someone she barely knew just cuz she needed to clear her mind off the 'broken heart' thing(which is human) is uncalled for, she'll end up adding to her emotional problems..

    ReplyDelete
  3. but in reality, how many people have dt kinda self control? not many. so yeah she probably shouldnt have, and she probably feels bad enuf, does it make her soooo bad?

    ReplyDelete