Monday, January 10, 2011

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

The holidays are over; We all get to go back to our various duty posts.
Sure we all had fun and everything; some people like me had truck loads of it;
but now...... we all get to go back to face computer screens and and the different gadgets we own.

First off, let me tender my apologies for neglecting you all, during that time;
I guess I was caught in the excitement of seeing my family and friends,
Rekindling old flames *wink..wink* and just being absolutely naughty.

I got home and only the smell of the hot, humid air in Lagos, brought a full smile to my face.
I saw the traffic from the airport and nodded to myself; I was indeed back, for the next two weeks, this was gonna be my home.
No more of the quiet, peaceful life that Abuja gives; it was raw, pulsating energy here which i had missed... a great deal.

There were times when I found myself missing the peace and tranquility of my second home in Abuja; times when we had to sleep without electricity which was like almost every night and the water.... I cant remember the last time I had to ACTUALLY take a bucket and ACTUALLY fetch water; the hot, searing weather.......

That was the worst of it though; I had pure, undiluted fun. It was like..... a part of me had just risen and I was reveling in that life. Like I said before, the holidays are times when you let yourself go, just enjoy the freedom of the moment, and do whatever you feel like doing. These days do not come as often as we would like but when they do come, they should be met without the eccentricities of our baggage that we each carry about.

We should sit back, relax with our feet up, drinking glasses of champagne or lemonade or vodka and coke or whatever you want.....

It is the holidays, enjoy 'em while they last.

As for me, I'm back to the sanity and the hustle and bustle of the corporate world. Back to constant electricity... constant water supply..... and of course....... the beautiful yet chilling cold.

Marie.

No comments:

Post a Comment