Monday, January 10, 2011

MUCH ADO BOUT NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS.

So its the year Two Thousand and Eleven.... such a mouthful.
2011, its the start of the new year; looking back at last year, I can say for certain that some wonderful things happened to me.
For one, I found a way to channel all my creative pieces and this blog was birthed; I moved into my own place( which really deserved the celebration), I lost a boyfriend (really, really hurt), I found a partner.... got a job.....
Yeah. last year was pretty eventful

So... Happy New Year to you all.

 It is the new year and of course, we've got sooo many people "claiming" to stick to some "new set of rules to live by" which I think is so cliche, by the way.
I'm of the opinion that people who do not keep to what they purpose to do are not worth....
Harsh words right? I fall in to that category but I differ from them for the simple reason that I don't propose things that I know I cannot handle.
No, I'm not saying you should not challenge yourself or push yourself or anything of the sort; NO.
I am saying, of what use is a resolution when it is not acted upon? the fact that I have decided to do something, or the fact that I have made up my mind to stop doing some things doesn't mean that I have done them... no?
My point of view though.

In truth, the fact that I wanna quit smoking( I do not smoke, by the way), or I wanna be more focused or I wanna be more money conscious or more God conscious doesn't mean that I am gonna do it anyways.

I think the correct thing should be: I RESOLVE to do..... and at the end of the year or the particular time frame alloted, I DID.

A resolution is not a resolution simply because I made up my mind to do it, it becomes complete when I actually DO it.

A word: let us stop making new "resolutions" year after year and concentrate on getting them done; thereby giving room for more. Our strength does not lie in simply making up our minds, our strength or weakness, as the case maybe, lies in our ability to carry them through.

lets get moving people..... its a New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment