Monday, January 24, 2011

nature!!!!!



Most times when I look out at night, my gaze wonders far into the skyline;
I begin to appreciate the beauty that comes before my eyes.
True beauty for me, does not lie in the things we make, but rather in the things that we do not make.
Someone once told me that all things were created beautiful and I the time, I didn't agree.
Permit me to say now that, I think he was right. Indeed all things were made beautiful; it just depends on who's looking and the manner in which you gaze. 

I once took a stroll with a friend one night and he pointed out something to me; from our vantage point, the moon stood right in the middle of two palm trees and I thought to myself, "that has to be the most beautiful sight ever". As I grow older each day, I find that I have come to appreciate every little thing that comes my way. 

Taking a stroll each night intensifies my desire to find the essence of beauty and I have come to the conclusion that the best exemplifier of this is Nature. Have you ever wondered why the clouds are formed the way they are? Every angle forms something different; the moonlight sending soft shadows across the sky and the stars , adding detail to the impression.

I watched a movie and I learnt that no matter how big the moon might seem, because of the distance, it is the same size of your thumb. yes, I tried it out and it is true... All you have to do is close one eye and raise your thumb in the direction of the moon... I love to feel the soft breeze blowing and tingling my senses, the smell of the rain before it comes, the heat of the sun across my face, the wash of the waves on my feet... everything so pure, so ethereal...so surreal.



Nature has this calming effect on the soul, it gently takes over your senses and gives you clarity.
All the elements of nature coming together to form a great, encompassing caress that gently nudges you to that place where dreams come alive and reality seems to vanish...

2 comments:

  1. i guess from the design of this blog, its a women only zones so i will just take a step back. Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course not... men are welcome as well assuming you are a man... it s for everybody.

    ReplyDelete