Wednesday, January 19, 2011

THIS....... THING.........

I'm here, the start of a new day...
Rolling off my bed this morning, I had no inkling of what the day would hold,
If I were to judge from the night before, I would say my day would probably be really good and filled with lots of fun,
After all, me and my girlfriends are going to the movies.
However, I should have known that something would happen which would eventually turn my day around.
For one, I decided to choose an all black attire; it never occurred to me at the time but black was exactly how my mood stayed through out the day..
I showered, and though I decided to put some make up on, it still didn't cover up for the fact that my face had some serious bags..
Stepping out in to the dreadful cold, I begin to walk down to my estate gate, shivering as I walk... it has never been this cold.
I get to the office, start my day, and everything begins to go downhill...
First, I am hustled by an overbearing boss, my tummy beings to get upset and I am hit with this wave of nausea that it takes everything I've got not to run to the bathroom.
Still, I maintain my jovial nature, the boss is a perpetual pain so its nothing new.
I am still feeling very nauseated and the hunger comes, not a very good combination.

In a space of five minutes, everything changes; I am overwhelmed with this mood I call "B.L.A.C.K".
Nothing seems to work, I have got a serious frown on my face, I give in to the slightest confrontation...
Black is not just a state of mind, it is an overpowering element that controls.
I have learnt with time to contain it and most times, I succeed but there are some days when it is at its peak.
Days like today and it comes with so much negativity that the whole atmosphere is charged with pessimism and unconstructiveness.

And I try, I try my hardest to fight this feeling that has engulfed me; but I can't..
I begin to think of the things that make me happy; I begin to make frantic calls to people that can make me smile.
All to no avail... I become frustrated; I listen to my music which is a sure way of making me feel better but I toss my ear piece aside and the anger grows...
 Food... Aha!!! That should do it but surprisingly, I do not have appetite, my taste buds are down and the bitterness is feeding on my insides...
This has to be the worst B.L.A.C.K mood, a situation where none of the things that gladden me works.
It is the mother of all Blackness.

So here I am, a last desperate attempt to shake of this feeling;
I turn to writing and hopefully, by the end of this piece, I will feel the blackness softly seeping out.


I have reached the last paragraph of this piece and still, no effect...

No comments:

Post a Comment