Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CURTAIN CALL 2

My name is Tamar; I was born a beautiful, screaming, little bundle;
My name is Tamar, I was born full of hope and promises yet unfulfilled;
My name is Tamar; I was born into a loving family filled with warmth and brightness;
My name is Tamar; I was born into comfort, affluence and wealth;
My name is Tamar... and I was born... with purpose.

I would really have loved to tell you about the moments after I was born; the next days, the next weeks, the next months or the next years, but I cannot because I simply have no clue whatsoever. I would have to be some type of paranormal child to be able to do that; you know, like something out of the "X-FILES".

I remember growing up lacking nothing, I was given anything and everything I wanted.
I remember being called beautiful and cute,
I remember being called intelligent and smart and full of promise;
and I also remember being called proud, spoilt and eventually, snobbish.
The above is all very true, I might add. The thing is, at some point I had to stop listening to and bearing the names other people had called me. I decided to start giving myself some names as well.

Top of that list were: nice, good looking, deep, thoughtful and most of all, mature.
It is a major SIN to think that maturity comes only with age; I learnt this as I learnt so many other things;
The most consistent word that follows maturity is RESPONSIBILITY, and most of the time, that is accompanied by PAIN.

Most of the time, we want to believe that our lives are controlled by other people when the actual truth is the control comes in phases: the first and probably the strongest phase is the "Parental Control Phase".
"Peer Control Phase", "Societal Control Phase", and the list is endless. However, the three most important phases to me are: the "Parental Control Phase", the "You Phase" and the "God Control Phase".

There comes a time when we have got to brace up and let go of the chords that bind; because overtime, they become shackles. Where we fall short is not being able to decipher when to let go and move on and as a result, we find ourselves heavy with unnecessary baggage.

Is this the story of what happened to me? no, its not. I just felt like sharing what I've learnt over the course of time.

Anyways, I've exhausted my quota of wisdom for the day, I need to go back and replenish.

*wink* Marie.

No comments:

Post a Comment