Tuesday, December 21, 2010

CHRISTMAS- WHAT IT MEANS TO ME

There are jingles in the air, I'm just feeling them. Not really, I've been feeling them since the 1st of November. Its the holiday!!!!! Yaayyyy!!!!!! Lots of activities are lined up for a lot of people including myself and the excitement is electric.

However, I have been forced to ask what Christmas means to people; trust me, you've heard this question more than you've thought about it. What does Christmas means to you?

To me, Christmas is much more than a season. As a Christian,its important because it is when we mark the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Chris; but it is much more than that.

I feel Christmas time is a season for reflection. Before you hack me and write me off as a horrible bore, listen to me. By the way, if you think I'm a bore, then you obviously haven't met me yet. Anyways, I said Christmas is a reflective time for me because it is a time when I look back and appreciate everything I have.its a time foe me to 'count my blessings', its a time of giving and sharing; a time to remember....

I'm not a preacher neither do intend to give a sermon but really, have you thought about it? December is the last month of the year, do you know what that means? It means that EVERYDAY, you woke up in the morning, went about your daily duties and got home to sleep, to wake again and continue the cycle.... thats called LIFE

You passed the first quarter of the year and still kept at it and you're fortunate enough to witness the LAST QUARTER of that same year and there is this calmness around you that tells you you're going to witness THE FIRST QUARTER of another year..... thats called HOPE.

I also believe that its a time spent with family. You would be quite short sighted if you think that I'm talking about your relatives alone. Now, if you've got relatives that care about you, you are more than a lucky individual. To me, family is any set of people who share a mutual bond of care, love and trust. Your family should have some form of dependence, that is much more than material. Family denotes friendship; true friendship. If you've got that, then giving and sharing won't be hard for you to do.

Giving- I might not have money, or gifts or anything of the sort, but if I am able to make you smile, then I have given you something; if I can make you laugh or have fun or do something worth remembering, if I can help you, if I can talk to you, more importantly, if I can listen to you, then I have given you something.

Sharing- Now this is where the fun comes in for me. I wanna share my moments with as many people as I can so I'm starting with you- I have decided to share, daily, my activities on this portal. I'v titled it 'Christmas Memoirs'. 

So thats Christmas for me in a nutshell, the essence, the appreciation, the family, the giving and the sharing.

Merry Christmas people. Have fun and embrace the warmth the season brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment