Monday, December 13, 2010

A WEEKEND HANGOVER?

When exactly does the weekend start?
I have been looking for the correct answer to that question.
I personally, am of the opinion that Fridays should be work free days; I think I can get more than a few people to agree with me on that.
Well, this weekend for me was one which required a lot of 'Me Time'
Those 'Stay At Home Doing Nothing' kinda days.
I really needed it I guess, I had  been under pressure the past week.
My major goal was to dissuade everyone from coming over to see me so I start telling people about the wonders of hanging out and having fun, and not being boring and old and dry.
It actually worked because by the time I was done, nobody wanted to come check on me or even offer to take me out;which was OK  by me.
I got home, released my hair from its clasp, changed into something very comfortable and entered 'Garfield mode'.
What Would Garfield Do? Hint: go watch the movie.
I watched movies till me eyes ached, filled my tummy with all sorts ranging from iced cream, to fruits, to Chinese, to popcorn.... different ridiculous combinations really, but I didn't mind.
I had made up my mind to unashamedly enjoy my own company and I was gonna do just that.
However, there are some people that this doesn't apply to; Your Significant Other.
How do you tell him that You don't feel like company, not even His own, Especially His own.
'Baby, I'm sorry I don't wanna see You tonight, no, not tomorrow either..., You know what, I really don't wanna see You this weekend... no, You've done nothing wrong...'
A recipe for break up and serious heart ache if you ask me.
So He comes along and stays... and stays... and stays....
Till he decides He's gonna spend the night!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? SPEND THE NIGHT?????
There goes my 'Me Time'.
I try all sorts; Frustrating Woman, to Drama Queen to Sick Lover... didn't work.
So he spends the night.
Saturday morning, You wake up, expecting to see Him on His way out then He asks,
'What are we doing today, baby?'
MR. YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!! THERE IS NO 'WE' IN THIS EQUATION, ITS JUST ME, ME AND ME GET IT?
Instead, I smile and say, 'nothing really darling, just clean the house and do my laundry and go to the market.
Aha, the market is a sure way of getting Him off my back but instead,
'Alright baby, I'll take you to the market and we'll make lunch together'.
How romantic? NO, HOW SAD! *sob....sob*.
We end up going to the market and we end up cooking lunch and He ends up staying THE WHOLE WEEKEND!!
Its a Monday tomorrow and looking back, I think my weekend was fun.
Not what I planned but, things don't always go according to plan right?
I had a splendid weekend, hope you did.
Would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment