Monday, December 13, 2010

A Note From Monday!!!!!

I am Monday, the first working day of the week,
I should be happy since its a day to look forward to, but I'm not.
I am met with so many mixed feelings, it breaks my poor heart sometimes.
People are mean to me, they say a lot of mean things about me and mock me.
Like yesterday, I was in my friend, Sunday's place and I was shy to come in.
Sunday had a lot of friends, just lazing about and and having fun; they were at peace with themselves.
Or my cousin Friday, sometimes I hate him, he is so popular among the crowd it annoys me.
I must add here that I get a tad jealous of Friday sometimes, he is the most anticipated day of the week.
Friday is just the opposite of me, he's much more jovial and he's a bit of a stud.
I hear you asking silently, 'why am I not a stud as well?'
Its not my fault that I have a lot of responsibility you know, try being the first child and you'll experience the things I go through.
Tuesday doesn't have so much pressure because I have most probably taken the brunt of the fire and the heat.
I don't think I would love to be Friday though; word on the street is that he has the highest death rate.
Ssshhhh!!!! you didn't hear that from me; but really I think there's some truth in that.
The things that go on at Friday's place: the booze, the sex, the drugs, the orgies... I shudder to even think about it.
I would love to be like my sister, Wednesday, she's in the middle of the equation. It would suck to be Thursday though, how would I cope with  the realization that people want me just to get to Friday; that I'm only tolerated because of Friday. NONSENSE
Saturday's just a lazy bum. she's like a pregnant woman who requires attention.
I cant force you to like me, but I can ask you to be a little nice to me.
Stop sending me death threats and mean letters ( I just received one: Mondays Suck!)
Stop using slogans and images and graffiti which do not paint me in a positive light.
I'm sure that if you got to know me, you'll find out that I'm not so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment