Tuesday, May 22, 2012

INVINCIBLE...

The rain drops make a soft lullaby on the rooftops,
The gentle pitter-patter echoes the sound of life.
The curtains are drawn, the breeze whistling soft verses of poetry,
The sheer stillness speaks volumes.
I love the rain, it puts me in a serene kind of mood.
In actual fact, it gives me an excuse to stay indoors,
It gives me an excuse to stay hidden.
Mine is a story of a fallen angel,
Defeated, only in the mind, but an angel nonetheless.
I once read a story...
A story about a man...
He had everything one could ever imagine...
Lots of money, a trophy wife, a big house with the white picket fence,
Two beautiful children, a boy and a girl...
The perfect man with the perfect wife creating a picture of the perfect family...
Known by all, envied by most...
Remembered by a single bullet shot through the head...
That perfect man who lived the perfect life, met the perfect death...
How does this relate to me?
I'll tell you.
That perfect man, with the perfect life and I have some astonishing similarities.


Every one carries a secret, a dark shadow that lurks around the corner...
Waiting for that perfect moment...
Everyone has that thing that they are most ashamed of...
For me, that thing that I wish I never had...
That thing I am most ashamed of...
Is... ME.
I am the perfect porcelain doll...
Beautifully created... tastefully arched... skillfully polished...
Worthy enough to cost you your second, third, fourth and fifth glances.
Groomed in all social graces, courtesies and dips...
But that is as far as it goes...
******
An evil tradition beckoned...
And placed on me the heaviness of duty...
So I did, without batting an eyelid...
I did what was expected of me.
I married him, the man I hated...
The man I couldn't bear his presence...
The man who consumed the very life of me just by trying to love me...
Iwas a voiceless face... committed to a fate that mocked the concept of life itself...
The perfect death awaited me...
 In fact, Death paled in comparison to the trials that were ahead of me...
Oh yes, we were the perfect family; He was the perfect man, husband and father...
And ofcourse, I was the perfect woman, wife and mother...
That is until...
I ended the dream with a single bullet hole to his head.
That is my secret, This is my dark shadow.
Yet, every one looks on at me...
As the grieving widow.
Even the ones who should know better, choose to ignore...
I sat with them every day, dined with them...
And yet they looked everywhere for the killer...
Everywhere but here;
Right in front of them...



4 comments: