Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE.

Most times when I think about my life, I do not see it as it is;
I see my life as I want it to be: almost perfect, almost fairy-tale like and definitely happy.
Then I am harshly brought back to reality.
The beautiful thing about my life is the fact that I do not need it to be perfect or or even fanciful...
I do not need my life to be a function of what other people define as good or glamorous...
All I need my life to be is one that is suitable and comfortable for me.

Perfection, though we strive for it is a pipe dream, something we have made up in our minds and something we spend our whole lives chasing after.
My life, the way I see it, should encompass everything I want it to be; if I choose to live my life as a hermit, I should be permitted to do so; just as long as it makes me happy.

Happines is relative, I believe. Trying to define it just waters down the whole essence. Happiness should be just the way it is: inanimate, abstract and glorious. It is said that most people go through life without encountering true happiness.

I try my hardest to look t the bright side of things. sometimes it is utterly impossible to do so and other times, that is all I am. People always try to attach happines to events and places and things....
I think happiness is created by a willful choice.

I have lived my life and I am still living my life with the sole aim of creating memories that would last. Not everything can be happy or pleasing, but I sure as hell would try my hardest to make most of them the way I want.

I do not believe that hapiness lies in the future, nor do I believe it is found in the past. It lies in whatever use you make of the present. I see my future as bright and colourful... full of light, smiles and sounds of joy;
I see my future with lovely music and the smell of success wafting around my senses; I see my future enconmpassed with the gentle embrace of love and joy; I see my future built on all the wonderful things my mind can ever dare to conceive.

However, I do not see my future ten years or twenty years from now; Who said that the future needs to be something unknown? Whoever said that the future needs to be so far away?

Yes, I know that it is something I cannot touch or see immediately, but I will bloody well start living that future that I imagine for myself... I can as well start enjoying the wonderful things that the future seems to keep away from my grasps.

My future is not a dream and its not far away, my future is NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment